Bald...By Chemo...By Choice

Bald...By Chemo...By Choice
Picture taken 3/4/2010...2 days after final chemo treatment

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Chemo 2 Jeanne 2

"Second quarter and Ruiz is coming off bench rested and ready... she's got a look in her eyes that is making her opponents down court quell with fear".
(This quote came from a very special person at my school who is a HUGE basketball fan, a blog follower and a great friend).
Chemo came out hard to start quarter #2 but Team Jeanne was better prepared this time. She was well hydrated and rested and her IV went to work right after the inbounds pass. Team Jeanne has more defensive options (man-to-man, 2-3 zone, 2-2-1full-court press, not to mention a bunch of cool meds). She is ready!!

Many, many thanks for Team Jeanne's medical personnel: Dr. Janis and his staff of oncology nurses are nothing short of amazing and Team Jeanne is so blessed to have them. Carol(with her own chair) was my chemo partner today and we had a great time visiting and going out to lunch and shopping after. It's a miracle we didn't wash away in the rainstorm getting from Dr. Janis' office to the restaurant.

I am feeling good now. Hoping to work tomorrow and Thursday; taking Friday and next Monday off to chillax and reload so I can finish the rest of this quarter strong.

Received the most WONDERFUL, AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL letter from one of my Confirmation students (now a high school sophomore) and he provided me with a verse for quarter 2:
Acts 20:24 "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the Gospel of God's Grace."
But by the Grace of God will I finish this race, continuing with quarter 2 today.

Thank you all, again, for your support, love, caring, compassion and acts of love (cards, emails, meals).

Lots of Love,

Jeanne

6 comments:

  1. So glad to see you have 2 quarters on your side now. The teacher in me found this quote that reminds me of you and your amazing strength (I think even Coach wil agree)!!

    I've heard there are troubles of more than one kind
    Some come from ahead and some come from behind
    Now I've brought a big bat and I'm all ready you see
    Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!!
    by none other than... Dr. Seuss

    Take care. Hope your new meds do the trick. You are always in my prayers. Love you! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three cheers for Marie Callendar's split pea soup and corn bread...
    And three cheers for Banana Republic having two things you needed on a 30% off sale!

    I am so proud of you...and the positive attitude you are sharing with your doctor, your nurses, and all the other patients.

    Thankful, too, for the Mary Poppins memory...
    We all love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey There,
    Hmmm, pea soup, Johnny just made some from leftover ham. His would definitely give Marie Callendar a run for her money! Annett & Bryan made chicken soup too. We should have fedx'd them both down. Glad you got the "stepped up" meds. Hoping you will have a smoother ride this time. Talked to Aunt Robbie & Uncle Karl on another note (family history project for Tyler) and they said their thoughts are with you. All my kiddos & kiddettes send love & hugs. See you soon. LOVE YOU FOREVER. Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeanne! Hoping this quarter of chemo is going a little easier and that the nausea is being kept on the bench!! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jeanne,
    Yesterday at church Lee Ezel spoke for Life Sunday. She had a terrible incident early in her life. But God was able to take that terrible experience and use it to mold Lee’s life. Today she is able to reach out and touch many people’s lives in a positive way with the love of Christ. She told a great story about “Is it good or is it bad?” Basically she said that with our limited vision we can’t always see the big picture and know if a life experience is good or bad. But God can make good come from the bad. Cancer is bad. But God is good. And His goodness is so much more powerful than any of the bad things we must face here on earth, including cancer. Will He use this life experience of yours to touch people with the love of Christ? Based on what I have read here I believe He already has.

    You are a member of a great team! Your teammates are already supporting you and allowing you to get a breather when you need it. And I know that they are doing so willingly and joyfully. So get the rest you need when you need it and then get back in the game!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jeanne!
    When Amy and I were at It's A Grind, we saw a mug that read: "It's not called shopping, it's called retail therapy!"
    Anyway, we thought of you and it made us smile :)

    It was nice seeing you on Sunday... go colts!
    Love, Anna

    ReplyDelete